Monday, November 3, 2008

The Poll Results Are In!

While the USA and the world has to wait another day to find out who the next president will be, the results of the Redshirt survey polls are ready right now! :-P

1) Should Redshirt dole out points?
YES = 5
NO = 6
NO OPINION = 3

I never really felt comfortable setting up a point system for Redshirt, so I'll go with the majority vote on this one. Maybe once I'm working on the Season 6 storyline I can go back and throw point values in, but I don't think I can do so until I know how Lost is going to end.


2) Should I include non-canonical dialog between characters in Redshirt?
A LOT = 1
BALANCED = 10
A LITTLE = 4
NONE = 0

I kind of expected as much. I'm not interested in putting too many of my own words in the mouths of our beloved characters. Originally I had planned to write a lot of dialog, but as I watched through Season 1 and took notes, I realized that there was just too much going on to include much dialog.

I feel like I could pull it off, but it would alienate a few people. So, I'm going to keep it to a minimum. Redshirt is already becoming larger than I had imagined. I'm starting to wonder how large the file is going to be. Hopefully I won't need to break up the Season 1 book into two parts for download. There will be plenty of deciding for you wonderful readers to do.


3) As I'll be writing the narration for Redshirt, what kind of narration would you prefer?
VERY SERIOUS = 2
VERY SNARKY = 2
SLIGHTLY SERIOUS = 8
SLIGHTLY SNARKY = 4

Again, I had expected this kind of response. Lost finds room for sarcasm, so I will try to do the same, without going overboard.


That's it for now. I hope to have a little treat for you all by the end of this week. I've been outlining all the possible decisions readers will face and I'll be doing a whole lot of writing very soon. That means I'll be looking for some beta testers by the end of the month. I'll let you know more info as we get closer to that.

I've been held up a bit here and there, so it doesn't look like Redshirt will be available this year, but you can expect it in January of 2009, before the return of Lost.

No comments: